Monday, June 20, 2016

The Monday Motivation Volume 2 from Unlikelynest

The Monday Motivation
Volume 2


SEW

It's swimsuit season! Have you made a swimsuit yet this summer? I've made one, and have plans for several more. I'm writing this from a family vacation at the beach, so I definitely have swimwear on my mind!

Amazing swimsuits are everywhere on sewing blogs right now! Here are some of my favorite patterns to help you plan your summers sewing...

The Closet Case files Bombshell looks amazing on so many figures. It's also a great first swimsuit, largely because of Heather's amazing sew along. Jenny's at Cashmerette is one of my all time favorites, for the suit and the story. Mine is here.

Closet Case Files released the Sophie Swimsuit today ... made for all of us that have requested SUPPORT in a swimsuit. It is a swimsuit with underwire cup support with one piece and two piece options. I just bought mine, can't wait to try it!

The Papercut Soma is a super stylish pattern. This one by Medi on Sew in Progress is amazing, and she is generous with details on how she made it. I've made two versions of this suit, converting the bikini into a tankini, here and here.

Jalie is generally a solid choice, especially for styles that are functional and tend towards sporty. I recently sewed the 3134, which is a one piece racerback, and it fit my daughter beautifully-- I have yet to write a proper blog post about it yet though. Meg at the Curvy Sewing Collective recently reviewed 3350, and the fit looks fantastic.

The Seamwork Reno is a great choice for a bikini top, and Helen's Closet has a sew along to make the process even easier.

Another pattern I've been admiring is the Maison Fleur 8101. I've never sewn one of their patterns, but I'm tempted by the vintage style and the option to have a one piece or a bikini, and the cute ties at the hip. This one by Sally at Capital Chic is lovely and Meg blogged a gorgeous one at Cookin and Craftin.


FABRIC

I previously wrote about my favorite sources for swimwear fabrics. Currently I'm loving these machines from Peekaboo Pattern Shop for kids swimwear and skulls for any age, and I'm scheming about designing my own print at Spoonflower.

CRAFT

Abby at While She Naps has a new pattern that is just adorable... a popsicle! Endless fun choosing the flavors.

Did anyone see that fabric necklace in the International edition of the Great British Sewing Bee? I immediately was trawling the internet for tutorials. I love how polished this one looks from A Beautiful Mess, and this one from Image Gnats for the fabric scrap potential.


Etruscan bronze statues show women wrestling as early as 330 BC. In the late 19th century and early 20th century, wrestling gained popularity as a popular spectacle. While some matches were staged, others were competitive. France is often credited with the birth of modern wrestling when the sport was introduced in experimental schools and international sports camps in the 1960s. The first world championships were held in 1987, and today women’s wrestling is recognized as an Olympic sport with over 100 countries participating.
Sources: Wrestling Science, The Evolution of Women’s Wrestling; Female Single Combat Club: They Made History



No comments:

Post a Comment