Friday, January 16, 2015

"I'm a good dancer"

My little bug (now 3!) gets soooooo frustrated when I don't understand her. We were leaving the house this weekend, and she was trying to tell me something. Four words. I could not figure out what she was saying. Halfway down the steps she threw a frustration tantrum, screaming and crying and refusing to budge. I was trying to think of what she wanted, what we had left behind, where she wanted to go, etc...

After 10 minutes of this, I finally convinced her that we could not stand on the steps all day, that she should get in the car. She was still crying and screaming tears of frustration and repeating the same four words as I pulled out of the driveway and started on our way. A couple minutes down the road it finally hit me: she was saying "I'm a good dancer." We had just been dancing to the music before we left the house.

The minute I uttered those words and she was finally understood and affirmed, the tears dried up and everything was fine again.



No comments:

Post a Comment