Monday, June 16, 2014

Polka Dot Swing Top: A Variation on Simplicty 2404

I am CRAZY for polka dots this summer. I just can't get enough of them. I saw them all over Rome this spring, on the streets and in boutiques, and when I got back one of the first things I did was buy some polka dot jersey.

This took less than 2 hours from start to finish- immediate sewing gratification! I just took the bodice of 2404 and lengthened it out into a tunic-y top. It's a woven pattern, but I wanted a flowy top, so I didn't worry about the extra ease. In fact, I added some more to make this top extra swing-y.


I made a polka dot top for Little Bug with the leftover fabric, but she wouldn't wear it for photos today. She chose her purple and green polka-dot skirt instead (thrifted!).


The edges are bound with strips of the same knit. Super-simple, and fun to wear for summer! The shorts are my absolute favorite knit shorts from Lululemon. Can't get them anymore, so cloning them is on the sewing to do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment